Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't help but be really disappointed though.
    Especially as I made the failbook group aware of the revival and everything =(
    That's what has made me think people really aren't interested in small group forums anymore.
    Though, I guess the fact that many moved on from anime is also a factor.
    Acting like it's for kids now or something.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroki View Post
    I think most people have moved on from the idea of small independent forums
    In my reality, most of them have moved on from the idea of web discussion forums. Indeed they fancy small independent online communities, but they use Discord for that. (A surprisingly large minority, in my reality again, prefers IRC, but that must be a lot rarer in general.)

Though, I guess the fact that many moved on from anime is also a factor.
    Acting like it's for kids now or something.
    Oh, you just wait a bit more.

In my country, we have already reached the point where the majority of kids frown at European and American comics. I’d almost guess that in this day and age, both Lucky Luke and Spider-Man (in print form) have more grown-up fans than underage ones. We might not be far from the day when the same goes for your average Japanese comic series. In fact, it could already be the case for such classics as "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind", "Chobits"... and "Love Hina".

Of course, this does not mean that all who loved manga and anime in the 00s are still fans today. It means that I don’t have a clue what sorts of entertainment the 10–15-year-olds consume today.

Oh, and I am drifting far off topic here. Unless we make this a "Do You Still Consider Yourself a Manga and Anime Fan?" poll.

"I'm back an' I got a bigger gat!" (Sir Mix-a-Lot)

Cherish the memory of the Animeb Independent Volunteer Aerial Strikeforce, the Scandinavian Brigade, the Nosebleed Brigade, and every fan who fell in heroic battle for his or her favorite Hinata-sō girl! History ignored becomes history repeated.

At least the 10-15 year olds these days aren't the losers trying to infect Japan with their horrible ideologies and agendas.
    I mean, even the UN is trying to change Japan for no good reason.

Things are getting really stupid in the world these days -.-;
    I blame access to social media. It gives utter morons a louder voice than they've ever had before.

Outrage culture is a plague.

But I doubt that has anything to do with people not wanting to visit a small forum.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    But I doubt that has anything to do with people not wanting to visit a small forum.
    Weelllll... If you want to look at it in the worst possible light:

On a small forum, you only have major drama a few times a year. Sometimes only once per two or three years. Even more seldom, if the place is not active.

On Tumblr and Facebook, you can join a major drama of your choice whenever you feel like it.

"I'm back an' I got a bigger gat!" (Sir Mix-a-Lot)

Cherish the memory of the Animeb Independent Volunteer Aerial Strikeforce, the Scandinavian Brigade, the Nosebleed Brigade, and every fan who fell in heroic battle for his or her favorite Hinata-sō girl! History ignored becomes history repeated.

Personally I get a bit sick of the overdose of drama in those places.
    Can't we all just sit down and have a fun discussion? =(
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

We have an outdated vbulletin version, many forums use xenforo these days but something is for sure, not everybody is still into anime. I agree that the new blood is on discord, reddit, and the social networks. Drama is part of the forum and we had a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    Didn't we have a channel on Rizon.net?
    We did yeah! I wonder if it's still up.

I'm doing an internship right now, that I'm expecting will result in a full-time job as an IT project manager. And I have another son now, so two boys two and a half and six months.

That's amazing Silas, congratulations! I'm sure that internship will work out just fine for you

Randompanzy, I remember your name. Congratulations on getting married !

Katajainen, I don't remember that specific moniker at all... so either it's been changed but we've definitely conversed! So HI!

Also Tyroki, I feel ya on the getting old and getting no where haha. I turned 30 this year so we're not too far from age.
    I think I stopped post here around 2007; and I was more active around 2004? I skimmed through some of the old threads and don't even recognize myself in my posts back then, I can't believe I had such a foul mouth haha.... i'm more or less the complete opposite person in real life now.

So since i've been gone I've.. lost my virginity (in the weirdest way). Dropped out of University (was pursuing business degree). Fallen in love once and unfortunately let it end. Been a personal trainer for about a year. A shitty cook for about another. Then I worked and managed a bar in New York for the last 9 years, it's been great. About 4 years back I decided to go back to University and try something different, so I pursued Math... I'm currently working on a Masters in Pure Math. I'm looking to get into Math research and hopefully end up becoming a Math professor. Physically, I used to be a skinny nerd with shaggy hair, now i'm still skinny to moderately atheltic and bald haha. I'm single and I don't see myself getting married in the future... I don't think it's in the cards for me but we'll see. I also was one of the few members that barely watched Anime or read comics/manga back in the day but I've seen a couple of Animes since.

Anyways I hope you're all doing well and you're healthy and happy. And if not... then work on it! It's never too late. I mean it
    And if you are happy and healthy, keep it up!

I'm gonna do some shoutouts to some names I miss and have not posted on this thread and I still suprisingly remember. To be fair, the first two I have on facebook!

Silver, Ryo Misaki, Bobcat, Hinarei, Paulus (I feel like Paulus is Silas but my memory is fuzzy), Pepe, Miroku, TSSHIN, KC, Eva, LadyCS, Betong Asna, Saigamairo, some guy from Hawaii, some guy named Nick or Dan?, Necromancer... I'm sure I'm missing other names.

My name on here was Smegma for a while too... incase people remember as by that. I don't know haha
    Last edited by Asazel; 10 Apr 2020 at 5:25 am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information